– Track legal news and developments on a daily basis, using multiple information sources
– Write blog posts reporting on legal news and related legal information of interest to a consumer audience, under the direction of an editor
– Work with FindLaw Social Media Team to optimize blog posts using best practices in tagging, keyword usage, headline creation, content optimization and basic SEO
– Track blog post performance using multiple measures (e.g., traffic, syndication, conversion) and use performance measures to constantly refine posting style and improve post performance
– Bachelor’s Degree required
– Legal education or experience a plus, but not required
– Excellent writing and reporting skills, with ability to write in a conversational tone and demonstrated ability to successfully write for the web
– Basic understanding of HTML and SEO
– Professional blogging or online media experience is highly desired
– Internet savvy with experience using social media tools such as blogs, message boards, social networks, microblogging, social bookmarking and/or social sharing
– Has an interest in writing about legal topics for a consumer audience and following legal news and developments
– Understands and has mastered high-volume blog writing and can turn out a developed 250 word post in under 40 minutes
– Works well in a team environment, embraces change and is highly adaptable
High-volume blog writing?
250 words in under 40 minutes?
Interested in following legal news and developments?
Legal education and experience?
Professional blogging experience?
Are you thinking what I’m thinking?